Jan 2, 2012

Karate Kid - the full story

Anyone that watches the Karate Kid will admit that there seems to be a gap or two in the story. For example, the one that has bothered me the most, is why did Daniel feel the need to apologize to Ali the night before the All Valley? He had done nothing wrong. Also, what was the whole deal with Daniel's mother being trained as a manager? A manager at her Rocket Computers "Flight of the Future" job? So confusing.

So in this new section I will attempt to "fill in some of the gaps" that exist in the Karate Kid.

As mentioned a day or two ago I was pleased with my $2.00 purchase of the Karate Kid novelization that I found on Ebay. I had hoped the author would have had access to the movie script when he wrote the book and therefore would have access to the original story perhaps filling in some of the gaps that exist in the movie. And to my ultimate joy it looks like he did because some of the gaps have now been filled.

What I would like to do now is take the book chapter by chapter and take the movie scene by scene and do a comparison and hopefully clear up some of the confusion that exists in the movie. My journey of discovery continues!

Welcome to The Karate Kid - the full story.