Mar 2, 2012

Darryl Vidal, still practicing the art


Darryl Vidal - Ku Dan (9th Degree) Kenpo Karate - has been training and teaching Kenpo Karate for over 30 years. He has also trained in Boxing, Wrestling, Filipino Stick-Fighting and Wing-Chun Kung Fu. He appeared as himself in the Original Karate Kid movie as the Tournament Semi-Finalist, and also stunt-doubled as Mr. Miyagi doing the Crane Technique atop the wooden stumps on the beach. Darryl currently teaches Kenpo Karate, Stick-Fighting, and Self-Defense for the Murrieta Parks and Recreation Department in Murrieta, California.


  1. cool website. Can't believe this movie is still so popular.

    1. Thanks for the kind words Mr. Vidal. It was a great movie and your scenes were especially fun to watch.

  2. Karate Kid part 1 is still my all time favorite film. I recently bought myself a Cobra Kai t-shirt and after I watched this film as a 7 year old, I started taking Karate.