Sep 3, 2012

Karate Kid season upon us again

Today marks the official begining of Karate Kid season!

Running from September 3rd to December 19th, these next four months are holy months for any true Karate Kid'er.

And to celebrate today I have new information that I have found on the web to add to my Karate Kid Studies archive.

Thanks to a post on another Karate Kid fan website by a New Jersey resident who did some investigating, Daniel's New Jersey home has been found!

Estimated to be 8 Franklin Ave in Harrison NJ, the street looks much the way it did in 1983.




According to the New Jersey fan, the water tower that was at the end of the street in the opening scene of
the movie was torn down years ago to make way for a high school. (I hope they named that high school either West Valley High, or Larusso High.)

As we can see the blue building in the movie has been painted a peach/tan color, but other than that much is still the same.

I believe a pilgrimage is called for the next time I have a layover in Newark airport.