Jul 21, 2019

Why Kung-Fu?

 
(from Pablo Zamora's Facebook page)
 
Classical Kung-Fu is not easy. It pushes your body to levels most are not willing to go. In my Masters Club Class I teach traditional Wah Lum style of Kung-Fu. This system is very challenging. But that’s not to say that others are simple. I found out that if let go of my Kung-Fu I lose flexibility, and a lot more. My technique ability in my other skills suffer. It’s quite amazing. I see it for mys...elf. I see practitioners that stop training in KungFu and focus more on practical combative systems... Wow, they become tighter and they lose that technique edge that training in this can give. One thing for sure is that the fitness one gets from it differs from other types of fitness. Training in low stances, kicking high, moving with speed, grace and power in empty hand and weapon forms truly does get one’s body to a different level. I have done Kung- Fu all my life. I brought it here to the RGV ... I was the first Kung fu school. This was 36 years ago. I also brought in Krav Maga 20 years ago. I didn’t learn Krav Maga for myself, it was more for the need of the people in my community. Krav Maga is very simple and it’s great for the masses as anyone can do it. For myself I rely more on Bruce Lee’s JKD for combat and Kung- Fu for my physical challenge and wellness. Kung fu to me is one of the oldest forms of personal development. Bruce Lee created his JKD from Kung-fu. It was his training and his passion that inspired him to expand classical Wing Chun Kung Fu to JKD.
 
Strong & Inspired. - Master Z