Sep 26, 2026

Big day tomorrow - Onosato vs Aonishiki

Tomorrow is the final day for the September sumo tournament from Tokyo and it couldn't get any bigger.

Onosato (Yokozuna) and Aonishiki (Ozeki) are tied going into the final day so it will be one match, winner takes all.

It could have ended today and Onosato could have won the Emperor's Cup if one of two things had happened. If Onosato would have won his match against Kotozakura (Ozeki) he would have won the Cup, but he didn't, he got beat. Or if Aonishiki would have lost against Kirishima (Ozeki) Onosato would have won the Cup also, but Aonishiki beat Kirishima. 

Which means both of them go into tomorrows bout with 11-3 records. 

Who do I think will win? I'd like to see Onosato win but Aonishiki seems to have more fighting spirit so I can't say.

It will be a good one for sure.